Everyone is welcome to participate.
Here are rules you need to follow
when packing your flowers.
- Pack only the best quality of flowers.
- Each package should contain 10 flowers/leaves. Flowers such as
larkspur or viola is consider to be the gage for typical flowers for
this event. Should you want to package something that is rare or
difficult to press, you can package less than this quantity. Just make
sure it is a fair trade using the larkspur and viola as examples.
- Place flowers on a piece of cardstock so it will not be bent
easily during the exchange.
- Place a piece of tissue/tracing paper/wax paper/or freezer paper
on top of the flowers to prevent flowers getting damaged during
packaging to taken out.
- You can use clear plastic sandwich or freezer bag to package
- At least one flower/leaf must be clearly visible from the top of
- On the back of each package, clearly print your name, organization
if any, state, and country where you are from, email and/or phone
contact information, whether the material color is natural or dyed, flower name if known. Any other information you
want to share about the flowers is welcome.
- Maximum number of packages one can bring to exchange is 30.
- Flowers not packaged according to the above rules are to be
rejected from exchange.
This is the way we will exchange.
- Each person will be given equal amount of tickets with identical
number printed on it as number of packages turned in + (plus) 1 when
you turn in your flower packages at check-in time. This number is the
same conference student number appears on your check-in package.
- You will place one ticket into each bucket marked for a wave. Do
not put more than one into any bucket or the extra will be void. Save
the last one for your exchange admission.
- You need to turn in the exchange ticket shortly before the event
- During the exchange, numbers are called randomly per wave.
- Go to the table to select the package you want when your number is
being called and return to your seat. You will have minimum of 2
minutes to select the flower you want.
- You may stay by the exchange table during the wave but try not to
crowd the table so others behind you have a chance to select theirs.
- As the wave being announced ending, you need to move away from the
exchange table and return back to your seat immediately.
- Select the package you want carefully. You may not return to the
exchange table from your seat.
- You may contact the person who you have exchanged with to ask
questions about the flowers later.